Apex Specialized Rigging and Moving has an exciting opportunity to join our team in Delta, British Columbia. Apex has built a solid reputation for solving problems in specialize lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components. The Estimating Engineer will be responsible in all stages of the process from estimating to developing and maintaining a strong customer base in western Canada.
An individual with excellent communication skills, previous experience in prequalifications, estimates, quotes and dealing with contract negotiations. Having the desire to build and grow in this industry, the chosen candidate will thrive in this position.
- Estimate based on scope requirements and preparation of bid packages
- Cultivate and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers
- Take the lead on preparing and coordinating on large dollar RFQs
- Make sales calls to prospective customers and current customers
- Ensure all quotes are reviewed for accuracy and completeness
- Review proposed pricing, terms and conditions with the estimating team and General Manager.
- Monitor the status of in-progress estimates to ensure that schedule obligations are met. Take corrective action when required
- Conduct in-progress oversight to ensure that estimate objectives are being met.
- Communicate effectively with clients to ensure that the estimate meets their expectations. Strive to identify estimate strategies that give Apex an advantage on every project
- Gather and maintain historical data for use in future estimates
- Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of both the salesperson and the company
- Track and follow-up of quotes
- Prepare company presentations and marketing material as required
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- P.Eng, EIT or industry experience a requirement.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, enthusiastic and have a positive attitude. Be able to effectively manage new customer development, customer issues, complaints and inquiries.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ability to foster good work relationships (internal and external)
- 4 years of previous experience driving pre qualifications, estimates, quotes and dealing with contract negotiations in a similar role
- Knowledgeable of the Heavy Rigging and Transportation Industry
- Ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Well-developed computer and communication skills; strong Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCADD and MS Projects skills are a plus
- Valid Drivers License